Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Nail of the Day: Essie A List

Hello Lovelies,

I hope you are all well. I thought I would do a quick NOTD for all of you today. I have been loving bright colors this spring and my latest discovery has been Essie A List, a bright blue-toned red that looks gorgeous on lighter skin tones.

 I applied three coats, in addition to an OPI base and top coat, in order to get a really opaque candy-apple red. You can apply fewer coats but it looks almost pink because it is on the less opaque side, like most of Essie's nail polishes. Here are some swatches with the bottle so you can do a comparison. With about three coats, it is the same color as when it is in the bottle.

I love it on my hands but it is a little high maintenance since any chips are relatively obvious due to the bright color. I think in the future I will use it on my toes instead so that it will last longer before I have to do touchups.

What nail polishes have you all been wearing recently?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. essie Adore-A-Ball, Mademoiselle, and Spaghetti Strap. OPI Otherwise Engaged (my new favorite, love the lavender shimmer above the pale, sheer pink).

    ReplyDelete