Thursday, March 29, 2012

Haul: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette and Ray-Ban Wayfarers

Hello Lovelies!


I hope you all are well. I was at the mall today to go to Sunglass Hut and pick up a pair of sunglasses since my Marc Jacobs aviators broke again while I was in Chicago last weekend. I ended up purchasing the original Ray-Ban Wayfarers in the brown tortoise with polarized lenses.

Typically, I ended up stopping at Sephora on my way out of the mall since I am somewhat addicted to shopping there. I have been on the fence about the Naked 2 palette since I have the original Naked palette, as well as tons of neutral MAC shadows. Most of the reviews online say that if you have the original, you really don't need the second one so I have been debating purchasing it every time I have gone to Sephora since it came out. I finally caved today and bought it (obviously haha) and I am actually quite happy with it. If you don't have many cool toned neutral eyeshadows, this is a great buy to start off with or to just add to your makeup collection. That being said, if you already have the original or you don't want to splurge on it, you really aren't missing out on much. As always, the shadows have an amazing consistency as well as pigmentation. Urban Decay eyeshadows have my favorite formulation other than NARS. There are swatches all over the place online so I am not going to post my own but I will link a few of the posts from the lovely Christine at Temptalia below, as well as the links to where you can buy the palette and the sunglasses.  The palette also comes with a double ended blending and shader brush and a sample-sized Naked lip junkie lipgloss. The brush is great for on the go or travelling since it fits right in the palette. I really like the lipgloss and I am thinking about going back to Sephora and purchasing the full sized gloss (just what I need - another lipgloss haha). I am really happy that I finally picked this up. You shouldn't have any trouble finding this in store but if you do the link is below.

Also, you may have heard about Urban Decay's new customizable eyeshadow palettes that are being released. The concept is similar to the MAC palettes in that you can pop the pans into the palette without much hassle. However, the MAC palettes can hold 15 shadows and the Urban Decay shadows can only hold 6. I have not been able to get my hands on one of the palettes just yet since they are not available anywhere except online (or at least my counters don't have them yet). The palettes are $18 and come with a matte neutral shadow, called Walk of Shame I believe. Overall, I think the palettes are a good idea but if you want more bang for your buck go with one of the Naked palettes or any of the other more colorful palettes because a filled customizable palette will cost you between $108-126 for the palette and 5 to 6 eyeshadows, depending on whether or not you keep Walk of Shame in the palette. You are getting less than half the product in the Naked palettes (they come with 12 full-sized eyeshadows, a brush, and either a lipgloss or a mini Primer Potion) for more than twice the price. If you already have a bunch of UD eyeshadows, you can depot them so that they fit in the new palette but otherwise I would invest in one of the other palettes instead.


Hope this was helpful!!

xoxo

Links:

Wayfarers: http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb2140/902-57
Naked 2: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P302916&searchString=naked%202
Temptalia: http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-naked-2-palette
http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-naked-2-palette-swatches-photos-reviews
http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-naked-1-vs-naked-2-palette-dupes-comparison-swatches

No comments:

Post a Comment